|The reputation of Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) as one of the top districts in the United States is by design, not by chance. In cooperation with a supportive community and dedicated parents, our teachers and staff work diligently to carry out the Board-adopted Strategic Plan and implement a road map that puts students on a direct path to academic achievement.
Mission and Values
We work to enable all students to:
In order to accomplish our mission:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Acquire the knowledge and skills that support learning
- Value creativity and life-long learning
- Demonstrate respect for self and others
- Participate meaningfully in our democratic society and interdependent global community
We build our organization around the following values:
- We shall attract and nurture a knowledgeable, capable, caring, and inspiring staff, who are provided opportunities to participate in decision-making, and who receive strong educational, environmental, financial, and administrative support.
- We shall foster mutual respect, open communication, and partnership among students, staff, families, and the community.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Respectful and caring relationships
- Honesty and integrity
- Continuous improvement and achievement
We continue to reflect our Mission and Values through our District
Goals as outlined in our Strategic
Revised September 2004