Hoover Elementary School
445 E. Charleston Rd.
Built: Approx 1950, 1956, 1998, 2004
Current Land Use
|Total Site Area:
|Building Area/Miscellaneous Circulation
|Hard-Court Play Area
|Turf Play Area
|Existing Classroom Size:
||960 to 1440 SF
Hoover Elementary School is comprised of four permanent single story buildings set in an L configuration around a central playground and field space.
The site, known also as "Old Ohlone", is bounded on one side by East Charleston, and J.L Stanford, with a driveway circling the campus on three sides. Around 1950, the Administration building and two classroom wings were built as part of the original campus. The Multipurpose building was built in 1956 along with a Library Resource building in a relocatable. After an extended school closure, the site was re-opened in 1998 after renovation.
As part of the Building for Excellence program in 2004, HVAC and Fire Alarm system improvements were made to the buildings. There are seven relocatable buildings on this site, with five housing classrooms and two housing the Day Care facilities. The Day Care facilities are actually located on the J.L. Stanford fields across the access road to Hoover.
Revised October 2008