Student achievement results are presented annually to the Board of Education in the fall of each year. These reports focus on the Strategic Plan goals as well as other measures.
Fall 2012 Assessment Reports
College Readiness Report
The achievement of high school students was presented at the Nov. 13, 2012 Board Meeting. The findings shared at this meeting are as follows:
We are closer to reaching both of our Strategic Plan College Readiness Goals.
- College enrollment is much higher than national trend for students in all subgroups
- Alumni report being prepared academically for college.
Class of 2011 Alumni Survey Summary Results | Class of 2011 Alumni Survey Data Results | Class of 2011 Alumni Survey – Administered to all districts in the 21st Century Consortium
Growth API Report - Advanced Placement - SAT Report
The achievement of high school students was presented at the October 23, 2012 Board Meeting. The findings shared at this meeting are as follows:
API Key Findings
- In 2012, PAUSD saw an increase in API from 926 (2011 Base API) to 934 (2012 Growth API), and is the highest API in the last six years.
- In 2012, PAUSD saw an increase in API across all numerically significant subgroups (n>100), with the greatest API gains across students who are Socio-economically Disadvantaged, Hispanic and English Learners.
- Over 80% (14 out of 17) of all PAUSD schools demonstrated an increase between their 2011 Base API and their 2012 Growth API. Note: Of the three that decreased, all are above an API Growth of 948.
- PAUSD continues to be one of the top ten K-12 school districts in the state (and the highest API with an enrollment of over 10,000 students).
- PAUSD schools are among the fifty top-performing schools in the state for elementary, middle and high school.
SAT Key Findings
- SAT test takers increased from 735 students to 799 students in the last five years. (8% increase), with the following changes:
- The mean score in critical reading went up from 625 to 635.
- The mean score in math went up from 661 to 668.
- The mean score in writing went up from 630 to 642.
- The SAT participation and performance went up across all subgroups.
AP Exams Key Findings
- The number of AP exams taken has gone up by 23% in the last five years, with a consistent 94% of students scoring 3 or higher.
- Nearly three-quarters of PAUSD’s seniors have taken and passed at least one AP exam before they graduate.
Henry M. Gunn High School Integrated Summary 2011-2012 | Palo Alto High School Integrated Summary | District Integrated Summary
Assessment Report: Progress Report on Strategic Plan Goals 1, 2, & 3
The September 04, 2012 Board report shares the following findings:
- More students are moving into Advanced proficiency levels
- Making progress towards achieving Strategic Plan Goals across all subgroups
- Making progress in closing the achievement gap and the opportunity gap
- Greatly reduced the number of students not proficient