Students achieve their best at school, academically, socially and emotionally, when they feel safe. Given the above, the District is committed to developing and enhancing learning environments that are welcoming, inclusive and comfortable for all students. The District is embarking on a plan to review policies, procedures, train staff, guide students and engage parent partners to fortify efforts to help all students build a strong connection to school.
The action plan, which moves from Board policy review through strategies for including parents and community members, is not cast in stone, meaning, as the District moves through execution and learns more about student and staff needs, we will modify and strengthen the plan as necessary. Our compass is a commitment to ensure student engagement and student comfort, and the details of the map that will guide this ongoing journey are our students' needs.
- Increase awareness of and confidence in the District’s commitment to provide comprehensive services to address and support student safety and well-being.,
- Establish clear policies and practices that support safe, welcoming and nurturing learning environments for all students.
- Ensure that all employees, students and parents understand behavior expectations, including cyber citizenship, the processes for reporting and examining student needs and how to access assistance when they witness or are a victim of bullying.
Related Data, Draft Documents & Reports
- Establish platforms that reinforce the District’s commitment to transparency and inclusion: all voices must be heard and community values must be considered.
- Engage students to enrich their sense of pride and program ownership.
- Expand on excellent work and training that is in place and expand behavior expectations to include cyber citizenship.
- Establish communications platforms that will be updated regularly.
Task Force Members
Sarrie Paguirigan, Duveneck Staff
Linda Lenoir, District Nurse
Damian Huertas, Special Education Coordinator, LGBTQ Chair
Barbara Best, PTA Parent
Amanda Gantley, Nixon Teacher
Christina Schmidt, Special Education CAC Parent
Judy Argumedo, Coordinator
Nancy Pang, Coordinator
Grant Althouse, Jordan Assistant Principal
Chris Grierson, Duveneck Principal
Carolyn Benfield, Paly Administrative Asst.
Christina Dithridge, Paly Mental Health Therapist
Kim Bomar, PASS Parent
Bertha Chipayo, VTP Parent
Linda Van Gelder, Paly Parent
Rajul Kadakia, Jordan Parent
Brenda Carrillo, Student Services Coordinator
Katherine Baker, Terman Principal
Elissa Kaplan, Young Fives Teacher
Sharon Ofek, JLS Principal
Katya Villalobos, Gunn Principal
Brenda Carrillo, Coordinator of Student Services
If you have questions, contact Brenda Carrillo at (650) 833-4202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised June 2013